Ivan Dixon is an American actor who is best known for his role as United States Army Air Forces Staff Sergeant Kinchloe on the long-running sitcom Hogan’s Heroes on CBS. He is also recalled for his portrayal of the title character in the 1967 CBS Playhouse movie The Final War of Olly Winter, for which he was nominated for an Emmy Award. Ivan Dixon was born on April 6, 1931 in New York, United States. Ivan Dixon died on , 2008 at the age of 76 years in United States. Check below for more deets about Ivan Dixon. This page will put a light upon the Ivan Dixon bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Ivan Dixon Profile:
|April 6, 1931
|Died on , 2008 (15 years ago) (Age: 76 years) in United States
|New York, United States
|New York, New York, United States
Ivan Dixon Family
Family and Personal Life
Ivan Dixon‘ father’s name is Not Available and Ivan Dixon‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Ivan Dixon Trivia
- Ivan Dixon was born in New York, United States.
- Ivan Dixon’s birth sign is Aries.
- It was in the 1957 production of The Cave Dwellers that he made his debut on Broadway. Prior to that, he had graduated from North Carolina Central University with a degree in drama. After another year had passed, he was cast in the first Broadway production of A Raisin in the Sun.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, he worked as a director on television shows such as Magnum, P.I., The A-Team, and The Waltons. During this time, he explored a career in directing. He was an ardent advocate for civil rights and served as the leader of a group called Negro Actors for Action.
- He was born in Harlem, New York, and moved to Gaston County, North Carolina, when he was a little boy. He graduated from high school there. His marriage to Berlie Ray Dixon began in 1954 and continued until his death in 2008; they had three children together.